Saturday, March 10, 2012

New Blog: fixities.wordpress.com

In the four years since the Xanga Exodus, this blog has served me well. But it's time to move on.

My new virtual home is fixities.wordpress.com. Update your bookmarks/RSS/whatever; I don't foresee much further use for What What Is Is, faithful though it's been.

Why new? Why now? The main reason is that I want to use my blog to share writing with friends and acquaintances online, but often the places I'm trying to get the writing published won't permit it to appear in any other published media, including a publicly available blog. On Wordpress I can request that search engines not index my site, which I hope will let me share words with my peeps under Google's radar. I'll have to make the new blog either invite-only or password-protected if it doesn't. At any rate, I have more control over that kind of thing at Wordpress. Be forewarned that the RSS might be inundated with posts at the beginning here as I edit things and figure out how to arrange the site.

Thanks for playing,
Daniel

No comments: